Temporary Sewer Fee Relief Credit Program
City of Scotts Valley Temporary Sewer Fee Relief Credit Program – Deadline to apply – January 10, 2021
WASTEWATER UTILITY CUSTOMERS - AVAILABLE BILLING CREDIT FOR COMMERCIAL BUSINESS ACCOUNTS RELATED TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC SHUTDOWNS
HOW TO APPLY
- Review the Eligibility guidelines to confirm eligibility.
- Download the application- Click here
- Fill out the application and attach copies of the required relief program or COVID-19 self-certification impact documents. Applications submitted without complete documentation will not be processed.
- Read the “Important Information” statement on the application, and sign and date the form.
- Submit the application by mail or drop in the mail slot at One Civic Center Drive, Scotts Valley, CA 95066, or scan and send by email to SVFin@scottsvalley.org.
Note: Application deadline is January 10, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to submit applications early.
To grant a one-time account credit that helps provide temporary relief of sewer service charges to the City of Scotts Valley customers whose primary business is within the City of Scotts Valley service area limits and were negatively affected by the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Commercial City of Scotts Valley sewer customers that have been negatively affected by the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic are eligible and may qualify for participation in the program. Customers must have their business (Non-Residential/Commercial Accounts) within the City of Scotts Valley service area.
Program Effective Dates
This program is effective for application until January 10th, 2021, after which the program will close, eligibility will be reviewed, and one-time credits will be issued on eligible accounts.
Approved eligible business customers, will receive a one-time credit applied to their account based on actual water consumption billed during the May 15th through July 15th billing cycle.
To qualify, eligible customers must complete a program application and provide documentation that is current as of March 16, 2020 (or after) and demonstrates the following:
Non-residential/Commercial customers must certify they have had their business operations cease or significantly restricted as a result of a County or State Order restricting non-essential business activities. Types of qualifying businesses include (but not limited to):
- Lodging – Hotels or Motels
- Restaurants, Bars, and Coffee Shops
- Barbers, Beauty Shops, Salons, and Spas
- Gyms, Yoga Studios, and Massage Studios
- Retail (non-essential retail that have been forced to close their business/operations to customers)
Businesses that were deemed essential and exempted from County or State Order restricting business activities shall not qualify.