Finance Department
Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a business license and how much will it cost?

If you are conducting any business within the City limits, you will need to apply for a license. Forms can be mailed to you or picked up at City Hall. Call (831) 440-5611 for forms and all applicable fees.

Who do I talk to about bonds?

Call the Finance Director at (831) 440-5610.

Who do I talk to about the Scotts Valley Drive tax (CFD-1)?

Call NBS Government Financial Group at (800) 676-7516.

How do I get on your vendor list?

The City has de-centralized purchasing. You must contact each department directly.

Sewer line problems?

Call the Wastewater Treatment Plant at (831) 438-0732 or in an emergency call Police Dispatch at (831) 440-5670.